19 januari 2020 | 20:00 – 23:00
Annual Awards ceremony of Shortcutz
CEREMONY: EYE 1 | 20:00 – 23:00
AFTER-PARTY: EYE Cafe | 23:00 – 01:00 (Open and Free Entrance)
dress code: cocktail/festive
This year we can count with some inspiring words from:
• directors BILALL FALLAH, ADIL EL ARBI (Bad Boys for Life, Patser)
• executive producer MARK FOLIGNO (The King’s Speech, Moon)
• actress ROMANA VREDE (TBS, I Don’t Wanna Dance)
• director MEES PEIJNENBURG (Paradise Drifters, Even Cowboys Get To Cry)
• screenwriter ROBERT ALBERDINGK THIJM (A’dam – E.V.A., De Belofte van Pisa)
• actress MELODY KLAVER (Rafaël, Deep)
• director DIEDERIK VAN ROOIJEN (Penoza, The Possession of Hannah Grace)
• writer MANO BOUZAMOUR (De Belofte van Pisa, Bestsellerboy)
• film journalist RENÉ MIOCH will co-host this event.
WATCH SOME SHORT FILMS
The winning short films in the categories: Mr Zee Best Film and Mr Zee Audience Award will be screened entirety.
RUTGER HAUER AWARD
This newly created RUTGER HAUER AWARD honours our late ambassador, jury member and board advisor Rutger Hauer, who has played an instrumental role in the success and development of Shortcutz Amsterdam.
This award is given to an individual or institution who, like Rutger Hauer, have had a positive and inspiring impact on the next generation of Dutch filmmakers. The recipient of the award is decided upon by the Foundation Shortcutz Amsterdam’s Board, previous honourees and Rutger Hauer’s family.
The first recipient is director PAUL VERHOEVEN. Rutger Hauer’s wife, INEKE TEN CATE will present the award, which has been designed by Dutch artist Folkert de Jong at 7th Shortcutz Amsterdam Annual Award.
AND LET’S DANCE Do not forget to bring your dancing shoes. From 23:00 join us at EYE cafe for some serious dance moves. Actor NIZAR EL MANOUZI will take care of the DJ activity this year!
22 januari | 00:00 - 2 februari | 23:59
23 januari - 2 februari
24 januari | 08:00 - 26 januari | 17:00
29 januari | 08:00 - 17:00
4 februari | 11:30 - 15:00