The Fund is looking for documentaries that use strong visual treatments to tell compelling stories and have the potential to reach a global audience.
Through IBF Europe – International Co-production support, the IDFA Bertha Fund aims to encourage European producers (see MEDIA sub-program countries) to participate as co-producer in high-quality documentary projects by filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East, and Eastern Europe (see IBF Europe Country List). Specific attention will be paid to the stimulation of European producers from countries with limited national co-production funding schemes, or from countries that are not yet fully involved in international co-productions. IBF Europe is supported by the Creative Europe – MEDIA program of the European Union.
- The maximum amount awarded per project is €40,000.
- A maximum of 6 projects can be supported in 2020.
- Only complete applications will be take into consideration (see checklist for IBF Europe Entry).
- The upcoming application deadline is April 1, 2020
- The selection will be announced by the end of May 2020.
Please read the regulations below carefully to see if your project meets the basic criteria before filling out the entry form, which is available now through MyIDFA.